Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pre Valentines Day Motion



Wow. Yes, yes I know its been a hell of a long time since I’ve updated my blog. Don’t you hate when people start a blog like that? Your probably thinking why in the hell have a blog, if you can’t update it. And I agree, but I have a hell of an excuse.

I’ve been busy planning things out, organizing and getting my incorporation papers ironed out (if you’ve ever been to my house you know it was needed). Ok, so I’ve decided to start catering again to get my brand out but this time the focus will be on public schools, businesses, cafes, and who ever else accepts me (Whole “cough” Foods), rest assured I’ll be still delivering the same organic, sustainable free range quality as much as I can. The problem is when you go into this racket and try to serve foods that are not packed with junk you end up turning into some sort of underground purchaser where your forced to talked to multiple distributors who are usually far out of your area and don’t deliver much. Another pet peeve I have is that quality organic products don't get into the areas that really need it. There are some lower economic areas that are on the South, West, and Far North side that would highly benefit from having good quality products that are sustainably produced without preservatives, hormones, antibiotics, pesticides, High Fructose Corn Syrup, etc. Some of these areas are mostly food deserts. I felt like I was preaching to the choir about benefits of organic sandwiches and baked goods that use REAL ingredients, so it was pretty much time for me to think about how I could reach a different audience and provide them with food that some of us take for granted.


To get things started I found a commercial kitchen space near downtown that I fell in love with and after talking to the manager it seemed like a good fit. So if all goes well I can prepare Red Pandora sandwiches and other food products there. I’m about halfway there.

The plan is to get a new sanitation license, retail license, insurance and to organize it so that the Health Inspectors visit the kitchen facility in a timely manner so that I can begin my work. Sooooo, with all that said I’d like to leave you with an early Valentines day picture. The cookies were baked by the good people at Alliance Bakery. They make a damn good cup of coffee too.

No comments:

Post a Comment